Upgrade Your Wardrobe With A Custom-made suit From Our Atelier.
Why choose a Custom-made suit over ready-to-wear options?
Choosing between a Custom-made suit and a ready-to-wear option can be daunting when upgrading your wardrobe. While ready-to-wear suits offer convenience, they often need more fit and quality. On the other hand, a custom-made suit is explicitly tailored to your measurements and preferences, ensuring a perfect fit and a garment that reflects your style.
One of the main reasons to choose a custom-made suit is the superior fit it offers. Unlike ready-to-wear suits, which are mass-produced to fit a generic body shape, a custom-made suit considers your unique measurements and proportions. This means that every aspect of the suit, from the shoulder width to the trouser length, is crafted to flatter your body shape and enhance your silhouette.
In addition to fit, a custom-made suit also allows for endless customization options. From selecting the fabric and color to choosing the style of lapels and buttons, every detail can be tailored to your specifications. This level of personalization ensures that your suit reflects your taste and personality, allowing you to stand out from the crowd and make a statement with your style.
Finally, a custom suit is an investment in quality and craftsmanship. Our atelier’s expert tailors bring decades of experience to every suit they create. With meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to using only the finest materials, our custom suits are built to last. By choosing a custom suit, you get a garment that fits perfectly and is made with exceptional skill and passion.
Benefits of a custom-made suit
Investing in a custom-made suit comes with a multitude of benefits that go beyond just a perfect fit. Here are some of the reasons why a custom suit is worth the investment:
- Unmatched Quality: A custom-made suit is made with the highest level of craftsmanship and attention to detail. Every suit aspect is carefully constructed, from the stitching to the lining, to ensure longevity and durability.
- Unique Style: You can choose every garment element with a custom-made suit, from the fabric to the buttons. This allows you to create a truly unique suit that reflects your style.
- Comfort and Fit: A custom-made suit is explicitly tailored to your measurements, ensuring a comfortable and flattering fit. No more dealing with ill-fitting sleeves or trousers that are too long or short.
- Confidence Booster: When you look good, you feel good. A custom suit that fits you perfectly and is tailored to your style preferences will boost your confidence and make a lasting impression wherever you go.
- Long-term Investment: While the upfront cost of a custom suit may be higher than a ready-to-wear option, it is a long-term investment. A well-made custom suit will last for years and continue to look impeccable with proper care.
The process of getting a Custom-made suit
Getting a custom-made suit is a personalized experience that involves several steps to ensure the perfect fit and style. Here’s an overview of the process:
- Consultation: The journey begins with a consultation with one of our expert tailors. During this meeting, you will discuss your style preferences, the occasion for which the suit is intended, and any specific requirements you may have. Measurements will also be taken at this stage to ensure a precise fit.
- Fabric Selection: After taking measurements, browse our extensive collection of high-quality fabrics. Our range of fabrics caters to different seasons and occasions, from luxurious wool to lightweight linen. Our tailors will guide you in selecting the material that best suits your needs and preferences.
- Style and Design: After choosing the fabric, it’s time to decide on the type and design of your suit. This includes selecting the lapel style, the number of buttons, the pocket style, and other details that will contribute to the overall look of the suit. Our tailors will provide recommendations based on your body shape and personal style.
- Fittings and Adjustments: Once the initial design is agreed upon, our tailors will create a pattern based on your measurements and preferences. This pattern will then create a mock-up of the suit, which you will try on for fittings. Any adjustments will be made to ensure a flawless fit during the fitting sessions.
- Final Touches: After the fittings, the suit will be meticulously crafted with the chosen fabric and all your selected customizations. Our skilled artisans will pay attention to every detail, from the stitching to the buttons, to create a gorgeous suit.
- Delivery: Once the suit is completed, you will be invited for a final fitting to ensure everything is perfect. Once you are satisfied with the suit’s fit and overall look, it will be ready for delivery. You will then enjoy entering a custom suit tailored to your specifications.
Choosing the suitable fabric for your Custom-made suit
The fabric of your suit plays a crucial role in its overall look, feel, and durability. Here are some popular fabric options to consider when choosing a custom suit:
- Wool: Wool is a classic choice for custom-made suits, known for its durability, breathability, and versatility. It is available in various weights, making it suitable for warm and cold climates. Wool suits have a natural drape and are resistant to wrinkles, making them a practical option for everyday wear.
- Cotton: Cotton suits are lightweight and comfortable, ideal for warmer weather. They have a softer and more casual look than wool suits, making them suitable for less formal occasions. Cotton suits are also easy to care for and can be machine-washed, although dry cleaning is recommended for longevity.
- Linen: Linen is a breathable and lightweight fabric perfect for summer suits. Its natural texture and relaxed look make it popular for destination weddings and other warm-weather events. Linen suits tend to wrinkle easily, which is part of their charm and adds to their casual elegance.
- Silk: Silk suits are synonymous with luxury and elegance. Their smooth and lustrous appearance suits them for formal occasions and black-tie events. Silk suits require special care and are best suited for occasional wear rather than everyday use.
- Blend Fabrics: Blend fabrics, such as wool blends or cotton blends, offer the best of both worlds. They combine the desirable properties of different materials to create a comfortable and durable suit. For example, a wool-cotton blend suit can provide the breathability of cotton with the wrinkle resistance of wool.
When choosing the fabric for your custom suit, consider the occasion, the climate, and personal preferences. Our experienced tailors will happily guide you through the selection process and help you find the perfect fabric that meets your needs.
Selecting the perfect style and fit for your Custom-made suit
One of the key advantages of a custom-made suit is the ability to choose the style and fit that best suits your body shape and personal style. Here are some considerations when selecting the perfect style and fit for your custom suit:
- Lapel Style: The lapel style of your suit can significantly impact its overall look. The most common lapel styles are notch lapels, peak lapels, and shawl lapels. Notch lapels are the most versatile and suitable for formal and casual occasions. Peak lapels are more traditional and add a touch of elegance, while shawl lapels are typically reserved for black-tie events.
- Button Style: The number of buttons on your suit jacket can also contribute to its style. Single-breasted suits are the most common and versatile, with options for one, two, or three buttons. Two-button suits are the most popular choice as they balance modern and traditional styles. Three-button suits are considered more traditional and can create a longer, leaner look. Double-breasted suits are less common but are known for their formal and sophisticated appearance.
- Trousers: Regarding trousers, the two primary considerations are the waistband style and the leg width. The waistband can be flat-front or pleated, depending on your preference and body shape. Flat-front trousers provide a sleek and modern look, while pleated trousers offer more room and a classic appearance. Regarding leg width, slim-fit trousers are famous for a stylish and tailored look, while regular-fit trousers provide a more relaxed and comfortable fit.
- Jacket Length: The length of your suit jacket should be proportionate to your body shape. A general rule of thumb is that the jacket should cover your seat and end at the base of your thumb when your arms are hanging naturally. However, personal preferences and fashion trends may also influence the choice of jacket length.
- Shoulder Fit: The fit of the shoulders is a crucial aspect of any suit. The shoulder seam should align with the natural curve of your shoulders without any excess fabric or pulling. The right shoulder fit ensures that the rest of the suit drapes appropriately and enhances your overall appearance.
During the consultation and fitting sessions, our expert tailors will guide you in selecting the perfect style and fit for your custom suit. They will consider your body shape, personal style, and any specific requirements you may have to create a suit that is tailored to perfection.
Tailoring and alterations for a flawless fit
One of the main advantages of a custom-made suit is achieving a flawless fit that enhances your body shape and flatters your figure. However, achieving the perfect fit often requires some tailoring and alterations. Here’s what you can expect during the tailoring process:
- Initial Fitting: After your measurements are taken and the fabric is chosen, a mock-up of the suit will be created based on your specifications. Our tailors will assess the fit during the first fitting and make any necessary adjustments. This may include altering the sleeve length, adjusting the waistline, or modifying the shoulder fit.
- Subsequent Fittings: Additional fitting sessions may be needed depending on the complexity of the alterations. This ensures that every suit aspect is tailored precisely to your body shape and preferences. Our tailors will work closely with you to achieve a comfortable and flattering fit.
- Refinements and Final Touches: The suit will be refined further to ensure a seamless fit once the significant alterations are completed. This may involve minor collar, cuffs, or trouser length adjustments. The goal is to achieve a fit that looks impeccable, feels comfortable, and allows for ease of movement.
- Attention to Detail: Our skilled artisans pay meticulous attention to every detail throughout the tailoring process. From the positioning of buttons to the alignment of patterns, every aspect of the suit is scrutinized to achieve a flawless result. This level of craftsmanship sets a custom suit apart from its off-the-rack counterparts.
By investing in a custom suit, you are getting a garment that fits you perfectly and gaining access to the expertise of our skilled tailors, who will ensure that every detail is tailored to your satisfaction.
Custom-made suit accessories and finishing touches
Attention to the accessories and finishing touches is essential to complete your custom-made suit ensemble. Here are some options to consider:
- Shirt and Tie: The shirt and tie you choose can significantly impact the overall look of your suit. Opt for a high-quality dress shirt that complements the color and style of your suit. When it comes to ties, consider the occasion and your style. A classic silk tie is suitable for most formal events, while a more casual knit tie can add a touch of personality to your outfit.
- Pocket Square: A pocket square adds a touch of elegance and sophistication to your suit. It can be folded in various ways, such as the classic square or casual puff fold. The color and pattern of the pocket square should complement the rest of your outfit without overpowering it.
- Belt and Shoes: The belt and shoes should match your suit’s overall style and color. Opt for a classic leather belt and dress shoes in a coordinating color for formal occasions. Casual suits can be paired with more relaxed belt and shoe options, such as suede or loafers.
- Cufflinks: If your suit jacket has French cuffs, consider adding a pair for a touch of sophistication. Choose cufflinks that complement your style and the overall color scheme of your outfit.
- Accessories: Other accessories, such as a tie clip, lapel pin, or pocket watch, can be added to personalize your suit further. However, it’s important to exercise restraint and ensure the accessories enhance rather than overpower your overall look.
Remember the occasion, style, and overall aesthetic you wish to achieve when selecting accessories and finishing touches. Our expert tailors can provide guidance and recommendations to help you create a cohesive and stylish ensemble.
Caring for your Custom-made suit
Proper care is essential to ensure that your custom-made suit retains its impeccable look and lasts for years. Here are some tips for caring for your custom suit:
- Dry Cleaning: While keeping your suit clean is essential, excessive dry cleaning can cause the fabric to deteriorate over time. Dry clean your suit only when necessary, and opt for a reputable dry cleaner who specializes in handling custom suits.
- Steam and Press: Instead of dry cleaning, steaming and pressing your suit is often sufficient to remove wrinkles and refresh the fabric. Invest in a quality steamer and learn how to use it properly to maintain the crisp appearance of your suit.
- Hanging and Storage: Always hang your suit on a sturdy, wide-shoulder hanger to maintain its shape. Avoid overcrowding in your wardrobe to prevent unnecessary creasing. Store your suit in a breathable garment bag to protect it from dust and moths when not in use.
Spot Cleaning: Spot cleaning is often sufficient for minor stains or spills. Use a mild detergent or stain remover specifically formulated for delicate fabrics, and follow the instructions carefully. Test the cleaning product on a small, inconspicuous area of the